After over three years of waiting, it is finally here – introducing the Speedplay SYZR. Worth the wait? We won’t know for sure until the snow clears a bit more, but the SYZR certainly appears to offer some really nice features, some of which are not found anywhere else in the world of XC MTB/inset pedals. These include:
- The Speedplay Syzr uses an inset “SPD style” cleat for MTB and touring use.
- The adjustable cleat float on the Speedplay SYZR is part of the cleat itself. One cleat will serve all riders and uses from fixed “0 degree” float to an open 10 degrees.
- Hardened steel ceramic Speedplay SYZR cleat for smooth operation and durability.
- The Speedplay SYZR uses a simple toe first engagement with a wide guide for ease and consistency of entry.
- The adjustable tension engagement spring of the Speedplay SYZR is mounted on the front, not the back of the pedal to prevent inadvertent release while pulling up.
- The Speedplay SYZR, like other Speedplay pedals, offers the potential for multiple width and material axles (the first batches will be stainless steel, followed a few months later by a titanium option).
- The unique body design of the Speedplay SYZR will allow for a variety of different styles and will eventually allow for leg length differences/shim accommodation to be done in the pedal body itself, without cleat interference and the related compromises.
- At 312 grams a pair, the Speedplay SYZR is ~35 grams lighter than XT SPD in the stainless axle version. Ti TBD…
- The Speedplay SYZR uses Speedplay’s proven combination of needle and cartridge bearings for serviceability, stability and smooth operation.
Fit Werx is an authorized dealer of Speedplay pedals, cleats and accessories with bike shop and fitting locations outside of NYC in Ridgefield Park, NJ, in Peabody and Lexington, MA and near Burlington and Stowe, VT in Waitsfield. Contact us for more information.