– Sam, VT
Bicycle Mechanical Services
Whether we are tuning your bike, building a new set of wheels or building your new bike, we sweat the details. Fit Werx technicians take a “zero defects” attitude in their work in order to provide you the most consistently adjusted and smoothest running bicycle possible.
Fit Werx offers fully stocked bike shops run by career-based master service technicians ready to tune, repair and solve most any mechanical issue on your bike and help your bike work to its potential. A sampling of some of the more common services we provide is as follows:
- Standard Tune-Up
- Ultrasonic Drivetrain Cleaning – A clean bike is often a better functioning and longer lasting bike and nothing removes grime from components as safely or as well as an ultrasonic cleaning.
- Comprehensive Bike Overhaul
- Custom Wheel Building – Our technicians love to build wheels to match a rider’s needs as well as possible. From cross pattern to spoke, hub and rim selection, let us build you wheels as well suited to your use and bike as possible.
- Problem Solving & Diagnostics – From the challenging nuances of a Campagnolo drivetrain to figuring out where that annoying creak is coming from, our technicians are some of the best trained and experienced.
- Power Meter Installation and Set-Up – We have sold power meters since 2002 and have sold and serviced more than any other shop in New England to date.
- Electronic Shifting – From Shimano Di2 to Campagnolo EPS, Fit Werx was one of the very first shops to sell and service these systems. We offer full sales, installation, programming and diagnostics.
- Setting Bikes to Fit Coordinates – We have fit thousands of riders and have set-up thousands of bikes to match their riders.
- Pro Bike Build – Our technicians spend the time to build your bike right the first time.
- Bike Packaging, Shipping & Receiving
Contact us now to schedule service work on your road, triathlon, mountain or Fat bike!
Maintenance matters. It’s more important than weight or aerodynamics. A bike with a broken chain will not ride well even if it is 13lbs.
Proper maintenance can be the difference between a bicycle that lives a long and happy life and one that dies young, between winning a race or walking home.
And for the most part, bicycle maintenance is the same for everyone, whether you’re Alberto Contador, Mirinda Carfrae or just an average Joe. In other words, it is worth knowing about.
Read on for more specifics on how to adjust and care for your bike.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”false”][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text margin_bottom=”30″]
Wheels and Tires:
* Road Bike Brake Adjustment Fundamentals
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”false”][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text margin_bottom=”30″]
Derailleurs and Shifting:
* Adjusting the Front Derailleur
* Adjusting the Rear Derailleur
* Internal Cable Routing and Sluggish Shifting
* Derailleur Adjustment Fundamentals[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text margin_bottom=”30″]
Packing and Travel:
* Packing Your Bicycle For Shipping
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”false”][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text margin_bottom=”30″]
General Bike Maintenance:
* Pre-Ride Checkover
* Mileage Based Maintenance Schedule and Checklist
* How to Clean and Lubricate a Chain
* Basics of Cable Lubrication
* Basic Guide to Common Tools[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row fullwidth=”false”][vc_column width=”1/1″][callout title=”Contact us to schedule a bike fitting or to discuss purchasing a new bike.” button_text=”Contact Us Here” url=”/contact-fit-werx” button_skin=”white”][/vc_column][/vc_row]