Reviews of Products: Bikes & Frames
Buying a new bike is a big decision; there is no reason to guess as to what will work for you.
While many bike dealers focus on stocking up heavy on the bike brands and models that have the most demand, we see representing bikes this way as a disservice.
Instead, we primarily work with brands that understand the value of being able to order bikes one at a time. The bike you get should be about what fits you best and what meets your use best, not what a bike shop happens to have at a given moment.
Furthermore, we offer brands that are innovators and that we have scrutinized, reviewed and tested. We want to share the value we see in the products we carry with you. Only if we have helped you make an informed decision that meets your needs as an individual, have we done our job.
With this in mind, we encourage you to contact a Fit Werx location and ask questions; we’re here to help you find a bike that offers the best fit, set-up and characteristics for your needs and budget – guaranteed.
Cervelo Cycles Review – Carbon Fiber Road & Triathlon Bikes. Designed in Canada.
Parlee Cycles – Production & Custom Carbon Fiber Road & Tri Bikes from Massachusetts.
Moots Cycles Review – Production & Custom Paved & Gravel Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Fat Bikes & Cyclocross Bikes. Handbuilt in Colorado from Titanium.
Ellsworth Bicycles – Full Suspension and Hardtail Mountain Bikes. Designed & Built in California.
Waterford/Gunnar Bicycles – TIG and Brazed Production and Custom Steel Frames Made by Hand in Waterford, WI.
Felt Bicycles – Paved and Gravel Road Bikes, Triathlon Bikes, Full Suspension and Hardtail Mountain Bikes, Fat Bikes, Cyclocross Bikes, Electric Bikes and Commuter Bikes Designed in California.
K.Bedford Customs – Custom Steel, Titanium & Mixed Material Bikes Built By Serotta’s Original Welder in Greenfield Center, NY.
Trek Bicycles – Production Bikes for All Uses. Designed in Wisconsin.
Independent Fabrication – Custom Paved & Gravel Road Bikes, Cyclocross Bikes & Mountain Bikes. Built by Hand in New Hampshire.
Fatback Bicycles – One of the original Fat Bike companies, Fatback is an Alaskan based bike company that was born out of the Iditabike. Fatback now makes a full line of carbon and aluminum Fat Bikes across an array of price points.
- How a Professional Bike Fitting can help you find the right bike and products.
- Test riding pitfalls and how to buy the right bike the first time.
- How to buy a bike with confidence. A rider first approach to bike buying.
- Beyond fit, how we can help you find the bikes that will handle and ride the way you want
- Choosing a New Bike – A Step-by-Step Guide.
- Road Bike or Tri Bike. Which is for me? The basics.
- Road Bike vs. Tri Bike for Triathletes – A Comparison
- Frame vs. Components – Where to Prioritize
Product Based Energy Consumption Variables:
Riding fast and comfortable is all about economy of motion and energy transfer. From frame flex and stability, to riding position and aerodynamics, a number of variables influence your end performance and comfort on a bike. Click on the following to learn more about what these variables are, how they relate to the big picture of energy consumption, and how to use them when selecting a new bike or frame for your needs.
- Energy/Power Consumption Overview
- Rider Aerodynamics (Fit & Positioning)
- Aerodynamics of the Bicycle
- Stiffness and Compliance (material application and design)
- Rolling Resistance
- Weight of Bicycle
- Frame Geometry and Handling
Materials and Engineering:
- The Myth of Materials – Does Your Bike’s Material Matter?
- Titanium vs. Carbon. Which is best?
- Carbon, part 1. Bladder Mold vs. Lugged Construction.
- Carbon, part 2. Carbon Quality – Not All Carbon is Created Equal.
- Carbon, part 3. Who Really Built Your Bike?