Get a New Bike Fit Before You Get a New Bike
In addition to including all of the analysis and steps in the Existing Bike Fitting, the New Bike Fit also includes the use of computer design software designed specifically with the Size Cycle to help you find the frame/bike options that match your position as best as possible.We will review options with you and discuss how the characteristics of each frame and component you are considering match up with your riding style, body and needs. If you do not purchase a bike at the time of your fitting, you will receive a form documenting key bike frame geometry ranges as well as top recommendations for bike models and sizes that fit you well.The cost of a good fit is paid back instantly. By knowing what you need before you buy a new bike, you will save time and money by not having to go through frustrating and expensive component swaps after the fact or realizing that you bought a frame or part that simply doesn’t work well for you.
2.5-4 hours. $375 w/out bike purchase. Only $175 with bike purchase.
$200 of this fit may be credited towards the purchase of a new bike at anytime.
Note: Comprehensive CAD custom frame design templates (down to the mm) are available for an additional fee with this fitting without bike purchase. Please inquire.
Not all fit systems are the same or produce consistent results. We pride ourselves on viewing rider positioning scientifically and using a system that we have developed through our training, background and experience. We offer attention to detail that is found in only a very small number of places in the country and we offer a combination services and products that is unparalleled.
1) Comprehensive Interview: Every Fit Werx fit starts with a detailed interview that covers everything from your cycling goals and riding habits, to injuries as well as existing problems with your current bike fit.
2) Limb and Skeletal Measurements: By taking skeletal measurements, we determine starting points and gain knowledge on how your body is proportioned. It is important to note that these measurements are designed to give us general perspective as to how you are proportioned and do not directly determine the end riding position.
3) Range of Motion and Stability Analysis: We assess your range of motion, flexibility and stability in key cycling muscle groups so that we can properly align your body and build a position around your individual capabilities and needs. This helps us maximize your strength, comfort and efficiency on the bike.
4) Biomechanical Alignment Assessment and Cleat Alignment: Strong buildings are built on strong foundations. A good fit is not any different. By assessing your skeletal structure for functional and structural limb length differences and reviewing the dynamics of your foot and leg biomechanics, we can stabilize your feet and legs for greater power, comfort and injury prevention. Often we will recommend custom cycling footbeds and cant wedges to accommodate for pronation/supination and forefoot varus/valgus. We make sure to put your feet, legs, pedals and shoes into the most aligned and powerful position possible.
5) Size Cycle Positioning & Postural Session
When used properly, an adjustable Size Cycle is the best fit tool available and modern video analysis technology makes it even better.
Motion analysis technology, from companies like Dartfish Motion CaptureDartfish is a 2D motion capture system that is not cycling specific. The benefit of the system not being cycling specific is that a fitter can turn Dartfish into just about anything they want or need from an analysis perspective. The drawback is that few fitters take the time to understand or build out Dartfish to its potential. When setup well, Dartfish is an impressive tool. Dartfish is a multi-camera based system (www.dartfish.com) and it is very visual and an excellent tool to help athletes see and understand their posture and technique through dynamic video feedback and assessment tools. We frequently spend a lot of time in a Fit Werx fitting on posture and technique analysis and 2D motion capture is an excellent tool that helps us help you understand how to get the most comfort and performance out of your body out of your riding position and bike., RetulRetul is a bike specific 3D motion capture system that uses LED technology and sensors to allow the fitter to record an incredible number of key angles and averages from a rider as they ride. Retul provides data quicker than Dartfish and also provides averages and minimum/maximum ranges very quickly. The benefit to Retul for many fitters is that it is “Plug and Play”, but the disadvantage for the rider is that the program can be used as a crutch instead of a tool by a fitter who does not understand the biomechanics behind bike fitting. and CompuTrainerOur Purely Custom Size Cycles are all equipped with CompuTrainer units to help us analyze positioning changes and instruct you on how to get the most out of your pedal stroke with tools like SpinScan., is used to help us see your position as you pedal while helping us explain key technique and postural elements that are necessary for you to understand if you are to get the most out of your position and bike. A Fit Werx fitting also includes a preliminary gebioMized Pressure ScannersgebioMized Pressure Scanners are expensive investments, but they can be a very helpful tool for everything from saddle selection and problem solving to reviewing the effectiveness of cleat adjustment, shimming and other positioning changes to improve alignment and stability. Fit Werx purchased one of the very first gebioMized units available in the United States and was at the forefront of developing assessment techniques and processes with the software. As of this writing, Fit Werx owns more gebioMized pressure scanners than any other single company in the United States. to assess saddle pressure, pelvic tracking and alignment.
The end result is a position that is as efficient and comfortable as possible.
To read more about motion capture analysis for bicycle fitting, click here.
To read more about pressure scanning for bicycle fitting, click here.
6) Apply the data: We take the results of your fitting from the size cycle and build a computer design template to find the production bikes that fit you best or to design and build the ride of your dreams. Once the best Rider Matched Bikes for your riding position are known, we’ll discuss the other important variables beyond fit to help guarantee that you make as confident and as informed decision as possible. This guarantees that you not only get a bike that fits as well as possible, but that also rides as well as possible for your individual needs. There is no reason to compromise.