Cervelo dealers received this letter today from Phil White, Cervelo’s co-founder and CEO. The bottom line is that Cervelo plans on little change in terms of their direction, engiineering and product now that Pon owns them. They are assuring dealers that Pon’s acquisition will only strengthen Cervelo’s offerings and delivery. Here is the letter:
February 17, 2012
I am writing to you to inform you that we are announcing today that Pon Holdings has acquired Cervélo after successfully concluding negotiations that began last December.
This is the next big step for Cervélo and we are really excited about the possibilities. The combination of Pon’s resources & expertise and Cervélo’s innovation is an excellent match. Improved resources and support will take Cervélo to a new level. It was important to me that you hear it from us first, so that you understand how it will benefit you.
Pon is one of the Netherlands largest family owned companies. They are an international trading and services company involved in a varied range of activities. Pon believes in building for the long term and to that goal see a strong growth potential in the bicycle market. They recently created Pon Bicycle Group of which Cervélo will be the crown jewel along with Gazelle and Derby.
This is how the Cervélo/Pon deal will benefit you:
- Cervélo will continue to operate independently;
- We will retain our unique identity and premium brand positioning;
- We will continue to make innovative products, as most recently borne out by the P5 and S5;
- The Engineering Team, including our California R&D centre, remains intact;
- Cervélo products will get to market faster with better delivery;
- You can expect the same high quality from our Customer Service dept;
- As for our warranty- nothing changes.
The opportunity for Cervélo and Cervélo dealers within Pon Bicycle Group is tremendous. It will make us stronger and more competitive as we continue to engineer the best bikes on the planet.
Thank you for your continued support.
Co-founder & CEO