Whether it be the internet or your local bike shop, you can get a bike fit of some sort from a huge variety of places today. Some fits are equipment based, some fits are convenience based, some are just plain bad. We did a presentation at the VT Challenge Ride recently on how to make sure you have had a good bike fitting and things to be aware before choosing a bike fitter. Check out the presentation here!
If you have had poor bike fitting experiences before, don’t give up, you may have just not found the right bike fitter or you may not have had an experience that linked up the technique and the set-up side as much as you needed. Good bike fitting is simple in that it should be based in common sense principles in most cases. Good bike fitting is complicated in that it deals with the human body in motion on what is likely the most equipment interactive sport in the world.
Remember, the best place to start the search for a new bicycle is with a good bike fitting. A Rider First Bike Fitting is the natural first step to finding a perfectly Rider Matched Bike and a great riding end result – a bike that is more fun and more efficient!
Fit Werx, voted “America’s Best Bike Shop” and named by Bicycling Magazine as a “Must Visit” bike shop, has locations outside of NYC in Ridgefield Park, NJ, in Peabody and Lexington, MA and near Burlington, VT and Stowe, VT in Waitsfield. Fit Werx is changing the way people buy bicycles through their Rider First Bike Fittings and Rider Matched approach to bike sales. Don’t gamble on your next bike or your fit! Contact us for more information.
- Fit Werx News – April 2017 - April 14, 2017
- Fit Werx News – You May Not Know it yet, but Spring is Here! Are You Ready? - March 21, 2017
- See the Best of New England Cycling & Tri Products and Services at RaceMania Expo - March 1, 2017
- Fit Werx News – February 2017 - February 17, 2017
- The coolest new cycling and triathlon products for 2017 - January 31, 2017
- Alchemy Arktos – A Very Capable Trail Bike From a Brand You May Not Know - January 10, 2017
- A Custom Bike Can Take Some Time. Don’t Be Late! - January 3, 2017
- Thinking About a Fat Bike? Here are Some Keys to Keep in Mind when Choosing. - January 3, 2017
- Fit Werx NYC/NJ Closed from 12/25/16-1/3/17 - December 24, 2016
- Fit Werx Peabody Closed Sat. December 24th - December 23, 2016